Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Long Break from Blogging


What I have been up to:
Since baby Allison's birth, we have celebrated my son's 18th birthday.


And his graduation from high school (bittersweet)


A lovely well needed vacation to Hilton Head Island, S.C.





If you have never visited Hilton Head, I highly recommend it


There are so many fun activities 



as well as miles of wide open beaches to walk and lots of natural treasures to discover.






But the most important thing I have been doing during my break from blogging has been focusing on my health, after all I am a nurse, wife and a mother and my health must be a priority.
You see this person in the black top, well that's me last fall at The Southern Blogger's Conference.

Cottage at the Crossroads

Since that time I have made multiple lifestyle changes, diet and exercise have become a intricate part of my everyday routine, and I'm happy to say those lifestyle changes have resulted in a 40 lb. weight reduction and a new outlook on life.

I have been a bit hesitate to blog about my lifestyle changes, but after much thought I think it's time to share, and 
I hope that I can offer encouragement to others who wish to make such changes as well as share my recipes and workout routines here on A Southern Blossom.

Thank you all for continuing to follow me and visit my page during my absence and I look forward to sharing with you my  new lifestyle changes and of course we will always decorate.


Karen


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss and life changes. It can be hard sometimes. Look forward to reading more posts! Hugs Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, and I look forward to sharing the ups and downs.
      Karen

      Delete
  2. Karen,
    You're back! It sounds like you have been busy this summer. Graduations are so special, aren't they? The pictures of the beach are so lovely. I don't know what my kids would do without the ocean, they love it so. You look so cute in this picture. I'm glad you're doing well, and taking care of all that is important to you.

    Have a blessed week.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheri, you are the best!
      Thank you,
      Karen

      Delete
  3. How exciting! Can not wait for your blogs now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, 40 pounds! I'm struggling with weight loss right now. I'd love to hear more about your journey to a healthier you!
    Cheers!
    Lori in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, I was just going through my list of blogs and kind of cleaning up the list. I want to encourage you to come back to blogging. You have beautiful style and people would love to hear about your lifestyle changes too. :)

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...