Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Woodland Christmas Tablescape


Are you ready for some Christmas decorations...... 

I know I'm like the last person in the blog world to post about Christmas, but I have been very busy lately with work and decorating. This year I even decorated a tree for our unit as well as 3 for my own home. I hope you like a lot of pictures because I took a lot. Every year I put up 3 trees one in the dinning room, one in the living room and one in the back entry from the garage(mud room).
Shall we begin the Christmas tour with the dinning room.


This is a centerpiece I made for the dinning room table, my idea of a woodland Christmas tablescape.


I filled the lantern with ornaments 


I added a red bird to the arrangement because they are the North Carolina state bird and I also included them in the tree.






You may recognize the "Joy" plates they are from Walmart part of the Better Homes and Garden series.





The placemats are a recent purchase from Pottery Barn the "winter bird" collection.








The buffet was dressed up for Christmas with candles and a centerpiece.


I included a few pictures taken in the evening light.




















This tree is adorned with red birds, berries and poinsettias along with a simple black snowman's hat.


I love pretty ribbon you could even say I collect it....if you saw my office/junk room you would think so too! 
This roll actually spoke to me at the store.. it whispered "take me home"



more like shouted....haha!


I hope you enjoy my woodland Christmas dinning room. I can't wait for you to see the kitchen tablescape.
Karen


I'm linking up with : The Dedicated House Make it Pretty Monday 
and with: Marty's Table Top Tuesday and Savvy Southern Style Wow me Wednesday and Between Naps on the Porch and with Yvonne at: Stone Gable Homespun Christmas Linky Party- Recipes and Tablescapes




MakeitPrettyMonday      Photobucket

Between Naps On the Porch 


30 comments:

  1. Karen- Your dining room is just gorgeous. I saved your lantern arrangement to my files to use someday. You did a wonderful job!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree and your tablescape is so elegant! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from WOW....just discovering your beautiful blog and am now following. Your work is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty glad we could be friends.
      Karen

      Delete
  4. Karen, your tablescape is lovely! I love your centerpiece and the mix of dinnerware. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tablescape is beautiful! I love the lantern arrangement, the placemats, the joy plates, well, I love it all! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, I'm glad you visited so I could find your gorgeous blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen your table scape is beautiful and I love your tree to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! Love everything about your Christmas Decorating. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous table. And I LOVE the top hat!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely, Karen! I love your centerpiece. Your tree is gorgeous ~ love the top hat as the tree topper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous tablescape and dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree and table are both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your dining room, so beautiful and the urn centerpiece is stunning. The snowman's hat is just about the cutest ever. Beautiful decorations. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed READING and viewing your blog.....thanks!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen what a beautiful table. Your dining room is just stunning. I love how you dressed up the lantern. I am surely going to use that idea someday. Boy, we have alot in common.. I have the same placemants and napkins from PB and the chargers too.. We have very good taste. Stop by my blog and take a peek at my tablescape this week...

    Hugs,

    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Thank you for stopping by and thank you for your sweet comments.
      I loved how you used your placemats with the blue napkins, a really beautiful tables cape!
      Karen

      Delete
  15. Karen,
    G O R G E O U S!!!
    Just read your profile. I just knew you had to be a Floral Designer!!! Some of my best friends are Nurses and I love that you decorate and blog to relieve stress!!!
    Your centerpiece is exquisite!!! I love every detail and the Traditional color scheme takes the hat!
    The SNOWman's hat atop your tree is amazing!!! I love SNOWmen!!! I agree, you needed that ribbon!!! Your red birds and the woodland theme have captured my heart, dear one!
    Visiting from StoneGable's A Homespun Christmas Link Pary!
    Welcome to the Land of Blog...you belong here!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen - this is just gorgeous! I love, love, love the centerpiece that you created. The little bit of black and white ribbon that you added is the perfect finishing touch. I don't think it would be as striking without it. Definitely pinning this to my Christmas board! Thank you for linking up to the Better Late Than Never Christmas Inspirations bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pat,
    Thank you for visiting my blog, and thank you for your gracious comments. The blog has be a wonderful outlet for me especially considering my job. Once again thank you I love reading everyone's sweet comments.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, your dining room is gorgeous! I LOOOOVE this table and I, too am a floral designer so appreciate the centerpieces, they are beautiful! LOVE the top hat on the tree, I have the same top hat! I also did a table with snowmen and tophats if you want to come over:) I love that ribbon too, I have boxes of ribbon also:) I will be your newest follower, so glad I found you!!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the top hat on the tree so clever. Everything looks very in the spirit! Happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just beautiful! We have similar styles, I love your table setting, the lantern, the ribbon, all of it. Beautiful home and beautiful blog. I just became your newest follower. blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a lovely home and decorations. Love the tree with the hat and the black and white ribbon. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love love love your pretty tree and the snowman hat is PERFECT. I want to do this NEXT Christmas...where in the world does one find a snowman's top hat ??
    Love your pretty blog.
    Over from Tabletop....
    and your newest follower. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BJ, I found the hat at a local Christmas shop, it's from RAZ Christmas company. Hope that helps.
      Karen

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...