Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas in the Kitchen


Come on in, and let me show you around the kitchen. 
We'll start with the table and make our way around the kitchen.




Snowman plates are part of the Jolly Holiday Collection from Pier One and rest on a stack of everyday white plates, I dressed them up with square lime green chargers and a red placemats


as you can tell the color scheme is red, green, and white all the traditional Christmas colors


ornaments are even hanging from the light fixture...



Sorry for the poor pictures, we have been under cloudy skies for several days, and you may notice some pictures were taken in the evening as well….I was trying.



Pom-pom garland nestled among the holiday figures adds a touch of whimsy to the table.






The snowman figure is a salt shaker from the Fitz and Floyd collection; a gift I received from my son last Christmas.



The red spiral stemware adds a festive touch to the holiday tablescape






as do the red napkin rings.


I have been collecting Mark Roberts figures for a few years and the cooking elf was my first, he is very special since Mr. SB purchased him for me.



In this corner of the kitchen I have a beverage station along with a Fitz and Floyd cookie jar.



On the other corner I created a little fun space with a few more snowmen figures.
 Yes, I know I have not shown you my whole kitchen, but you see…. I have dark cabinets and in a blog world full of beautiful white and sage green cabinets…..
Well you know.


Okay, I will show you this one picture looking from the  dinning room into the kitchen and nook area, and as you can see this picture still has the reality brochures on displayand no green paint on the walls.
That's a lot of brown wood! 



But hey we love it for now and Ms. H loves it too!
Merry Christmas Y'all!


 Thank you for visiting, 




I'm linking up with: Debbiedoos and with:Susan at Between Naps on the Porch and Make it Pretty Monday also joining: Marty and Beth



The Dedicated House




Home Stories A2Z









9 comments:

  1. Your kitchen and cabinets are wonderful, Karen! You should show the whole room off! Love your tablesetting ~ very "holly, jolly" looking. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thank you! I just might show a little more next time.
      Karen

      Delete
  2. Karen, your Christmas table is wonderful! I love all of the bright colors and whimsy! And your kitchen cabinets are gorgeous!! Show it off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shenita,
      I love adding the red during the holidays.
      Karen

      Delete
  3. Hi Karen, I think your cabinets are gorgeous so you should show them off! You should see my old cabinets. They are white but they are probably over 50 years old! Love your tablescape with its traditional colors and snowmen! It's so happy and festive looking. Love all the other snowmen you have scattered around your kitchen. I have a thing for snowmen, too! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane for your kind comments.Yes I love snowmen as well, I even and a Kurt Adler Snow Town Village complete with snowmen and snow women.LOL!
      I so enjoyed meeting you and Leo at the blog conference, and your sister too!

      Karen

      Delete
  4. Hi Karen,
    The centerpiece on your tablescape is really impressive and the photos are all well done. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your passion for the Christmas season.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...