Monday, October 15, 2012

Bathroom Makeover


Half-bath/mudroom makeover....Mr. SB and I have been very busy lately applying beadboard wallpaper, choosing paint colors and installing chair rail. We are finished at last and I am so excited to share with you the before, during and after pictures.
This is a glimpse of the half bath in the new color Laurel Mist by Behr paints.



But before I show you the finished look, let's take a look at this boring plain room. 
The wall color was light gray and the floors were also a light colored cream tile, which created boredom....and it screamed for a makeover!



See what I mean....Sad. Very Sad! But wait, beadboard wallpaper came to the rescue!


After searching the web and reading multiple blogs about beadboard wallpaper installation, we(I) decided to give it a try(Mr. SB was very hesitate about the idea of beadboard wallpaper.) Much to our(his) satisfaction the beadboard wallpaper went up fairly easy and quickly.



This is a view of the installation of the beadboard.



After the bead board was installed the fun started....it was time for this plain boring room to received a coat of paint.


The paint man a.k.a my hero working his magic on the stairs.  That's Mr. SB holding the ladder for our painter(my hero.)



The color we chose was Laurel Mist by Behr and the trim color was Swiss Mocha by Porter paint.


With the furniture back in place and a small Fall vignette created the house was slowly coming back together.






This is the smallest half bath ever, however I was able to take a picture to share with you.
Mr. SB, his dad and uncle installed the chair rail.


I'm still deciding on accent colors, so many to chose from I'm thinking about lavender, beige, brown and orange. What do you think?
 I am almost certain the prints will be changed around because of the excess green in the pictures.




After several weeks of working on this project I am glad to have it completed and really like the overall look.
Goodbye old plain boring walls....hello color!


Thanks for stopping by.
Karen
Products use: 1 gallon paint Behr premium plus
1 and 1/2 rolls of Allen and Roth beadboard wallpaper from Lowe's 


Linking up with Susan at: Between Naps On The Porch and Debbiedoo's at: Debbiedoo's Newbie Party


11 comments:

  1. beadboard wallpaper is my favorite!!! I have used it in our master bath, and I am using it right now in my kids room! looks great with your new paint color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful, Karen! Great color. I love the molding above the beadboard wallpaper. Your vignette looks wonderful and what a great framed piece you have above it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love it!! Everything looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful transformation, Karen! Love the paint color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great! Super cute!
    I have that same iron little animal food and water thing as you! =)


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look. I am considering hanging beadboard in a bath too. I just finished hanging the stucco pattern in our Entry and it looks just like the real thing. Nice paper from Lowes.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! The transforation is great! I love the beadborad wall paper! The way you and your fmaily remodel is just like ours!
    And that wall colour? I didnt catch its name? Is is 'green tea' by Behre? I looks so much like our old living room colour! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great transformation....love, love, love the wall color! Thanks for sharing, visiting from Debbiedoos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love this transformation! You have such a pretty home and great color choices too. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love having beautiful pictures or paintings in bathrooms. Appreciating art helps me out a lot in building my mood for the rest of the day, or before sleeping. I actually have a painting of a cute chubby Chinese kid in my bathroom. He’s so cute he makes me smile every time I see him.


    Kristopher Diss

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! I love it! And thank you for listing the paint color!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...