Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Autumn Splendor

I can't help myself.Really. As the air in the south slowly cools I feel the need to decorate for Autumn!
 So grab another cup of that pumpkin spice coffee or latte and sit back and enjoy my Autumn splendor tablescape.



I like to start decorating with the tables and let the rest of the house follow. Like finding the perfect dress then adding just the right pair of shoes to complete the ensemble!


 Therefore I start with the table centerpiece and work my way out, and everything evolves from that point. If I get the table right then the rest comes easily. 


Nothing says Autumn to me, like pumpkins, the leaves changing colors, and all shades of green. I made sure all those elements were included in my newest tablescape.


Pumpkins are the main element of this tablescape, the small ceramic pumpkin could simply hold a place card for a formal event.



The salad plates continue the pumpkin motif and incorporate the color green(that I love). A recent purchase from William Sonoma, during their Labor day sale when they were marked 30% off. I love sales!



One of my favorite memories as a child would have to be gathering around the dinner table with family and friends at my grandmother's house. A tradition I like to continue as often as I can in this fast paced world.














What is your favorite childhood memory, does it include gathering around the table and sharing humble meals prepare by your grandmother like me?




Thanks for stopping by and visiting, hope to show you the other table soon, and I can't wait to see how everyone else transforms their home for Fall.
P.S. Mr. SB and I picked out a paint color this evening and I will share it with you soon.
Karen 



I'm linking up with Kim at: Savvy Southern Style
and the: The Style Sisters
and Susan :Between Naps on the Porch and Debbiedoos





Centerpiece Wednesdays Button









19 comments:

  1. Fall is in the air...the table looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tablescape! Love those plates and your centerpiece is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!!!! Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday on my blog and shar your ideas! Kain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely table, Karen! I love your arrangement. I have those same white chargers and love them. I'd like to use them in my Fall decorating. Maybe one for a pumpkin to sit on and the other two I have can be for table settings for the hubs and myself. {Only have 3}.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I just found your blog and believe I've found my long lost sister. I'm a nurse with a son who is a senior this year and I live in the south! I couldn't find a contact me link - but please contact me - love to chat.
    Oh and my favorite color is green. I love the blue green in your breakfast room - can you please share the color?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful. Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pretty pumpkin plates.. they are perfect on this table. Your centerpiece is perfect for a long fall season. My best memories are with my grandparents - you guessed it - around the table.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen, this is my first visit, via BNOTP, and I've enjoyed having a quick tour of your beautiful home. In fact, I've mentioned your blog on our Facebook page because I noticed in your introduction post that you have the very same "pineapple" lamp in your entrance hall that we have in our shop right now, here in Scotland! Enjoy the rest of your Fall decorating.

    www.facebook.com/PresentPerfectMelrose

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't locate your email address. Just wanted you to know that you've just been featured on my weekly Welcome Wagon Friday post. You should be receiving visitors shortly. Welcome to our neighborhood!
    Brenda@Cozy Little House

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is just beautiful. Love the plates and the napkin rings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen,
    Hi...I LOVE Sunflowers...the main reason for my visit!!! You truly do not disappoint, dear one!!! Your centerpiece is gorgeous! I'm crazy about your pumpkin dishes...30% off sounds amazing!!! Lovin' the napkins and amber bubble glass stemware! Thank you for sharing your love of Autumn hues! My favorites, too!
    fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love all of your Autumn touches. Your floral arrangement is just lovely.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your table setting is just beautiful. You are really set for fall.

    I remember that, as a child from a family of four daughters, we always had a sit down dinner in the evenings. It didn't matter what your plans were, you were home for supper. Just pleasant and cozy memories. It's too bad that with our hectic lifestyles now, we often don't think we have time for this. And who wouldn't want to sit at this table!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! What a wonderful Fall tablescape. Such rich colors, and your pics are beautiful!
    I don't think I have ever been here before, I am here from Tablescape Thursday. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your dishes and the centerpiece. Great Fall table indeed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Karen ... great table setting ... love all the pumpkins especially the plates and the napkins. All very pretty.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your table setting! Such fabuous colours. Very warm and inviting. Found you through the Newbie party at Debbie Doo's and I'm your newest follower.
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. you have a beautiful home and lovely vignettes / photography ( I remember when I saw your first post a few months back on a party :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...