Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Changes

I hope everyone in the South that's feeling the effects of this heat wave are staying safe and hydrated. It's times like this that I worry about Mr. SB, he has the kind of job that keeps him out in the heat for most of the day and as a nurse I get to see what happens to folks that get overheated(that's never a fun thing).

The heat would be all right if we didn't have this blanket of humidity to go with. When I think about summer I think about going to the beach, growing up I spent quite a lot of time at the beach picking up shells and sunbathing!
I still love the beach and I try to get my toes in the sand as much as possible, but when I'm not able to, I like to decorate the house to remind me of all the natural beauty the beach has to offer!

This is a photo of the foyer and how it looked for spring.


And this is how it looks for the summer all decked out with driftwood and shells, (some I collected from my many visits) as well as others that I purchased(like the starfish).




I added a lantern and the burlap runner for the neutral touch and I placed the large conch shell(which is all the way from the Bahamas) on top the books. I decided to keep the pineapple lamp.







Hope this summer change up helps get your mind off the heat for a while. In the meantime he's a couple of pictures I took on a recent trip to the beach, now doesn't the water look so refreshing!





Inter coastal waterway Ocean Isle Beach.

Thanks for stopping by,

Karen

Be sure to stop by Susan's Metamorphosis Monday Party @  betweennapsontheporch.net










9 comments:

  1. Love your glass enclosures and your vignette is beautiful. Are they from Pottery Barn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    Isn't that the fun part of decorating, changing things up! Decorating for summer is one of the things I like best, love your vignette! Shells, lanaterns and books, what could be better! It looks wonderful! Congrats on your new blog, you're going to have so much fun and meet some incredable women!
    I'm your newest follower and would love for you to visit me.
    rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, It looked like you had linked up to the newbie party..however the link did not go through and it took me to invalid blogspot...so I found you via google search. I am not sure if you did link up as I don't see my link or button. Anyhoot, welcome to blogging and I hope to see you next week link up. You have a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog thru "Savvy Southern Style". I don't have a blog, but have a big addiction to reading blogs. Love your decor, and can't wait to see more of your home. I am also a Southerner...north of Atlanta. Hope you have a great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to blogging Karen, your home is beautiful and I love, love, love those dishes. Darn it, TJ Maxx is about 100 miles away from me or I would be on the way. I just joined your blog and hope you will join me to read about my life in Central Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you have displayed the shells! I am leaving for the Cape shortly and I need to remember to pick up some shells!

    Happy day to you!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen,
    Love your beachy vignette. I'm going to be re-painting a spare bedroom and I'm thinking about a casual beachy feel too. Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen,
    I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Stop by my blog and read all about it.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. turnkey rentalSlowly, but surely, the foreclosure crisis seems to be abating rental properties .c

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...